PS3 Netflix - Linksys Router Tunlr Setup:
Are you having problems switching Netflix regions on your PS3? Netflix has started auto-switching DNS servers in order to improve the performance of their service. This usually results in good service on their part, but it can potentially disable Tunlr from working on PS3's Netflix app.
If our previous guide didn't resolve your issue, you will need to make changes to your router settings.
PS3 Netflix Linksys Router Setup
- Sign into your router's admin area. You can usually access your router by typing one of the following into your browser's address bar:
- Make sure that DHCP Server is enabled, and then fill in the Static DNS 1 and Static DNS 2 fields with Tunlr's Primary DNS Address and Secondary DNS Address, respectively:
- Primary DNS Address: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS Address: 184.108.40.206
- Go to the Access Restrictions settings. On that screen, enter a Policy Name (for this guide we will use ps3dns.
- At the top of your screen you may have Parental Controls and Internet Access Policy buttons. If you do, make sure Internet Access Policy is switched on. If you do not see this, it is safe to ignore this step.
- Make sure that the Status of your Internet Access Policy is set to Enable.
- Click the Edit List of PCs button. You will need to enter the MAC Address of your PS3 in one of the fields.
- If you don't know your PS3's MAC Address, go into Settings from the PS3 Home Menu.
- Navigate to and enter System Settings.
- Go to System Information. You should find your PS3's MAC Address on this screen.
- Click Save Settings.
- In the Blocked Applications/Blocked Services area, choose or type in DNS, and make sure the range is 53 - 53.
- Click the Save Settings button.
- Once your router has saved the new settings, make sure that your PS3 has been set up with Tunlr correctly.